Here are a few thoughts for placement professionals to consider going into 2016:
- Be familiar with the Texas Occupations Code and all it requires and its implications. Here is a link. There are number of little nuggets there that should be considered.
- How do your contracts look? I’ve written at length over the years over basic contract terms that should be considered including arbitration, venue, choice of law, and jury trial waivers. Though no one is looking for a dispute – be prepared.
- What does your guarantee provision look like (if one is included)? Make sure it is clearly written.
- If you handle searches on behalf of candidates, consider the same contract items. Are your compensation terms clear?
- How does your website look? Is it up to date and accurate in its representations?
- Does your business have the appropriate business entity? Is it in good standing with the Texas Comptroller?
Good luck in 2016!