Here’s a smattering of cases/disputes that are out there:
- Interesting article about two cases from Ohio involving a cookie entrepreneur and taco restaurant chain owner;
- Not in the employment world – but a Michigan judge shut down the construction of a hotel after determining it violated a non-compete;
- The typical pharmaceutical sales rep case – this one from Kansas City (paywall);
- A non-compete case from East Texas where a doctor sued a group of nurses over a non-compete; and
- A lawsuit by six veterinarians in Washington challenging a non-compete contained in a shareholders agreement.
Non-competes aren’t going anywhere for now but Presidential Candidate Elizabeth Warren has promised to ban them if elected.